Walmart Staff Software Engineer - Predictive Analytics Platform in SUNNYVALE, California
1230234BRReq ID:1230234BRCompany Summary:Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.Job Title:Staff Software Engineer - Predictive Analytics PlatformPosition Summary:As a Staff Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our data scientists, business partners and systems engineers to drive the definition and implementation of the next generation of applications and analytics tools for our predictive intelligence platform. We are focused on teamwork, technology, and most importantly the customer. From using traditional web applications to visualization tools to mobile to enable data scientists and business users get actionable insights into extreme data, there are a lot of exciting opportunities!City:SUNNYVALEState:CAPosition Description:We are a team of data scientists, systems and application engineers working on using the power of real time predictive analytics to change the future of ecommerce. And what place better to do it than at the Fortune 1 Company with over a billion consumers? Our team is responsible for applying real time predictive analytics to a wide range of problems spanning the entire ecommerce experience with an initial emphasis on transactional risk and fraud. We are a high-performance team looking for others who will challenge us to become even better: come be the newest member of @Labs here at Walmart Global eCommerce!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our data scientists, business partners and systems engineers to drive the definition and implementation of the next generation of applications and analytics tools for our predictive intelligence platform. We are focused on teamwork, technology, and most importantly the customer. From using traditional web applications to visualization tools to mobile to enable data scientists and business users get actionable insights into extreme data, there are a lot of exciting opportunities!
• Develop realtime predictive analysis tools and backend platform
• Enable data scientists, business and product partners to fully leverage our predictive analytics platform for very large volumes of data
• Demonstrate and clearly articulate reasoning for design and implementation choices
• Demonstrate willingness to take feedback and adapt solutions where appropriate
• Interact with other team members to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
• Participate in design and code reviews
• Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
• Lead and participate in medium- to large-scale projects
• Be the consummate team player with a demonstrable ability to learn quickly. Amazing ability to get stuff done.Minimum Qualifications:7 + years of experience developing scalable, high performing services and applications
• Strong experience of the Java programming language, RDBMS, and NoSQL.
• Expert knowledge of J2EE and Web service technologies
• Expert knowledge of design, implement, and consume RESTful APIs
• Expertise in object-oriented design and implementation, developing high-performance, reusable components
• Experience in multi-cloud production environment deployment and maintenance
• Strong experience in debugging, performance tuning and optimization for scalability and high availability
• Ability to rapidly create functional prototypes
• Understand SDLC, use of SCM and continuous integration tools
• Strong customer focus and obsession with qualityAdditional Preferred Qualifications:• Strong development skills around Hadoop, Hive, Pig, HBase, Cassandra, Map Reduce
• Experience in data visualization
• Experience in frontend web application development
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Experience collaborating with multiple teams
• Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
• Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools
• Strong foundation in core design patterns and software architecture principles
• Experience in building highly scalable, high performing and robust Java applications
• Experience and passion to work in a fast paced Agile environment, delivering functional features in small time durations.
#LI-SN1Category:Software Development and Engineering Brand:Walmart Labs